GSTN has enabled a new functionality in the GST Portal on June 1, 2019 for Viewing & Downloading of month-wise Comparative Table on Liability Declared and Credit Claimed.
The following are the advantage of this new functionality are as hereunder:-
- Normal taxpayers can view and download a report on tax liability as declared in their Form GSTR- 1 and as declared & paid in their return filed in Form GSTR 3B. The new facility enables the taxpayers to view these two liabilities in one table for each return period at one place, which can be compared. This will enable taxpayers to make good of any differences between the two Forms filed by them on GST Portal.
- The taxpayers have also been provided information regarding data of Input tax credit (ITC) as claimed in their Form GSTR 3B and as accrued in Form GSTR 2A. Now taxpayers can see both these data sets and compare the input tax credit availed by them.
- Taxpayer has been provided with facility to view the liability paid due to reverse charge as declared & paid in Form GSTR 3B and as accrued in Form GSTR 2A, due to uploading of such details by the supplier in Form GSTR-1.
- Taxpayer can view and compare the liability related to exports & SEZ supplies as declared in their Form GSTR-3B during the month [as per table 3.1(b)] and liability as declared in their Form GSTR-1 (Zero rated supplies) as per table 6A, 6B, 9A, 9B & 9C of the Form GSTR 1.
- The data can also be downloaded in Excel file for viewing and comparison later on.